tracker

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Blank canvas

I'm starting life over today. I have very few possessions. It took me 4 years to build up the friend group I have in the Midwest and that is soon to be behind me, replaced by purple mountains, dry air and cacti. It's nice to know I always have a base here when I need it. I think I'll come back and stay a month or two this Spring on my way to wherever I go next. I never know where that will be and that's exciting as hell.

My friends want me to write about my experiences; I think I can manage that.

Flying alone is nerve wracking but I don't think I'll have to do it again for at least 6 months.

I do not have a significant other that wants me to live a certain way, I answer to myself and it's long overdue. That means that I have no excuse not to do things. I will fucking travel and I'm not afraid to go alone anymore if that's how things go.

I read over my old blog entries recently and was amused because I always felt there was a message I needed to convey, now I don't give a fuck. The older I get, the less I care about the appearance of things and the less apologetic I feel about expressing things.

I have a good many things to be grateful for: A place to start over, multiple awesome internet/pen pals, something to write from, a voice to convey ideas with.

No comments:

Post a Comment