tracker

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I am a chameleon masquerading in the corporate world,
navigating through guest service systems while dreaming of mossy trees,

I am immersed in a concrete jungle, criss-crossing highways,
lights glowing ruby, emerald, amber adorned with neon signs
while desiring only the simple moon's glow.

I speak with countless people per day when all I really need
is one interaction that scratches below the surface

I'd like some instrumental accompaniment and vocal harmony,
but my lone guitar keeps me company, and my own voice soothes me.
and while I'd enjoy some physical contact, my own psyche holds me.

I've been conditioned to seek peace of mind without,
changing the paint on the house while neglecting the inner arrangement
but I'm not finding peace there, so I go within again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment